Grand Finale

Grand Finale

Ten weeks have gone by and we have presented to our mentors at The Mill for the last time. Many many thanks to Olivia, Kyle, Todd and Billy for all their guidance through this process.   Our final version of the project: We are pretty happy with the result...
Priorities to Get to 98% Done

Priorities to Get to 98% Done

We were asked to make a list of priorities to work on for this week, given that we are supposed to be at 98% done. The list we came up with was this: [Felipe] Dust continuity between shot 1 and 2 [Elyssa] Addressing road texture striation and scale in shot 2 (current...
Effects Tweaks

Effects Tweaks

For this week the main comments from our mentors were more about having more stuff going on. Last week we added a bunch of layers to the effects by using millions and millions of particles, but moving them from Houdini to Maya using Arnold’s ASS files was...
Layering Up

Layering Up

At this point, the broad strokes seem to be pretty much done. Now it is time to start adjusting, refining, adding little details here and there, and polishing. Since we had the meeting with our mentors at The Mill last Wednesday, I new notes to work on. Here’s a...
Animation V. 4

Animation V. 4

I think I mentioned a couple of posts ago that I got a lot of comments on the animation. They can be summarized in this sentence: “have it struggle more, don’t let it fall all the way”. Again, as a person who does NOT animate professionally, I find...
Pyro First Steps

Pyro First Steps

It’s been a couple of weeks ever since I had a rudimentary setup for pyro in the scene. But given that getting the asphalt and debris was a top priority, I put the smoke stuff on the back burner. Now, having the main concern refined to a decent point, I can...